COVID-19 PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
The Annual Meetings Secretariat has taken health and safety measures, including preventive measures to manage the flow of participants and specific hygienic standards.
Health and Safety Guidelines for in-person attendees to the 2021 IsDB GROUP Annual Meetings
Tashkent- Republic of Uzbekistan
COVID-19 PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES–SPECIFIC ARRANGEMENTS FOR IsDB GROUP ANNUAL MEETINGS
The 2021 IsDB Group Annual Meetings will be held in person in Tashkent, the Republic of Uzbekistan, from 3 to 4 September 2021 in light of the continuous spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
These guidelines were prepared pursuant to the requirements of the authorities in the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Secretariat of the Annual Meetings. They aim to provide guidance to physical participants to the 2021 IsDB Group Annual Meetings on COVID-19 preventive measures.
Also, the Secretariat of the Annual Meetings has taken health and safety measures, including preventive measures to control the flow of participants and specific hygienic standards.
- PREVENTION AND GENERAL PRECAUTIONS AT THE TASHKENT CITY CONGRESS CENTRE:
- Conduct health checks such as temperature screening and other symptom checking for staff members and attendees safely and respectfully and in accordance with any applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Physical guides will be provided, such as tape on floors or sidewalks and signs on walls, to ensure that individuals remain at least 2m (6 feet) apart in lines and at other times (such as guides for creating one-way routes).
- Eliminate lines or queues if possible and encourage people to stay at least 2m (6 feet) apart by providing signs and other visual cues.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces within the venue at least daily or between uses as much as possible
- Attendees or staff members who have been tested positive to COVID-19 or show symptoms will be directed to the medical services of Tashkent City Congress Centre.
- MEASURES TO CONTROL THE FLOW OF PARTICIPANTS AT THE PREMISES OF TASHKENT CITY CONGRESS CENTRE:
- Plenary Session meetings of the Board of Governors and General Assemblies
To limit the number of participants physically attending Plenary Session meetings, the Annual Meetings Secretariat will be issuing two types of badges to attendees who have been registered to attend the Annual Meetings:
- Governors badges for Governors, Alternate Governors of IsDB, and members of the General Assemblies of the IsDB Group entities.
- Delegation badges for accompanying delegations.
At the venues of Annual Meetings related main meetings and side events the Secretariat of the Annual Meetings will ensure the following measures:
- Limit seating capacity to allow for social distancing and host smaller events in larger rooms.
- All attendees and staff members are always required to wear masks.
- Block off rows or sections of seating to space people at least 2m (6 feet) apart.
- Use multiple entrances and exits and discourage crowded waiting areas.
- Additional hygienic measures for in-person participation
- Attendees are requested not to come to Tashkent City Congress Centre if they have COVID-19 related symptoms. If symptoms -as described in the world health Organization- indicate that they may be considered a suspected COVID-19 case, they are kindly requested to inform any of the meetings’ organizers.
- Attendees must wear face masks in the plenary hall and meeting rooms at all times, including when seated in an assigned seat.
- Attendees must also wear face masks in all areas of Tashkent City Congress Centre, such as bathrooms and corridors, including when passing through security checkpoints and approaching a security officer and when collecting badges.
- Attendees are strongly encouraged to avoid meeting in groups between meetings; to this end, no self-service food or drink options, such as buffets, salad bars, and drink stations will be served.