PASSPORTS AND VISA REQUIREMENTS
All participants should ensure that their passports validity exceeds 180 days, and in all cases longer than the duration of the stay, and ensure they obtain a valid visa prior to entering the Kingdom of Morocco.
In case a visa is required, it is highly recommended that visa application be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time for processing. For countries where Morocco has diplomatic or consular representation, visa applications must be submitted along with the registration confirmation letter directly to the local Moroccan embassy or consulate. For other countries in which Morocco does not have diplomatic or consular representation, participants may be granted pre-approved visas upon arrival.
– TRAVEL TO AND FROM MARRAKECH
It is expected that Governors, Alternate Governors and delegates will make their own travel arrangements to and from Marrakech. Governors, Alternate Governors and other delegates are encouraged to arrange their arrival and return flight reservations, directly to and from Marrakech, as early as possible to secure the flights and dates of their choice.
– AIRPORT RECEPTION
Protocol officers will be available at Marrakech Menara Airport to assist delegates entry and departure, additionally, hospitality staff will be available at Mohammed V Airport (Casablanca) to assist participants who will be transiting or leaving by land to Marrakech.
Shuttle buses will be available to transport participants from both airports to the “official” hotels and from these hotels to the venue of the Annual Meeting.
For each IsDB Governor, one car with a driver will be provided. It is therefore vital that Governors indicate to which airport they will arrive in the registration form.
Currency Import regulations:
• Up to MAD 2,000 (in Local currency (Moroccan Dirham ): is tolerated to be imported
• Import of Foreign currencies is under no limitation. However, amounts exceeding the equivalent of MAD 100,000. – must be declared on arrival
Currency Export regulations:
• Export of Local currency (Moroccan Dirham – MAD): is tolerated up to an amount of MAD 2,000.
• Unused MAD may be re-exchanged into foreign currency up to a maximum of:
o 50% of total amount exchanged on arrival if stay in Morocco has been longer than 48 hours;
o 100% of total amount exchanged on arrival if stay in Morocco has been less than 48 hours.
A liaison officer will be assigned to each Governor to assist him/ her throughout the period of the Annual Meeting.
– RECEPTION AT Marrakesh AIRPORT
Protocol officers will be available at Mohammed V International Airport (Casablanca) and Marrakech Menara Airport to expedite entry and departure formalities for delegates. It is vital that Governors indicate to which airport they will arrive in the registration form.
For each Governor of a member country of the IsDB, one car and a driver will be provided. Shuttle buses will be available to transport participants from both airports to the “official” hotels and from these hotels to the venue of the Annual Meeting.
– CORPORATE AIRLINES
- Turkish airlines has excellent connections to all of the six continents via Istanbul with more than 303 destinations in 120 countries worldwide and they are expanding their route network all the time
- Discount level up to 20% based on the net fares excluding taxes.
- Participants can purchase air tickets online on the following website: please click here
- Participants must insert Event Code 114TKM19
- Kindly insert the above corporate code to avail Turkish Airlines Special Promotional Fares.