3 June 2022; 4:00 - 6:00 PM
Venue: Tonino Lamborghini International Convention Center, Sharm El Sheikh (Suez Canal Hall)
Throughout 2022, Indonesia is assuming the G20 presidency leading up to the G20 Bali summit in November. The Indonesian G20 presidency is adopting an ambitious agenda titled “Recover Together, Recover Stronger” which focuses on Global Health; Digital Transformation; and Energy Transition and aims to promote a balanced recovery of the global economy; resilience and stability of the global financial and monetary system; and sustainable and inclusive economic growth. IsDBG is actively supporting Indonesia’s G20 presidency and is actively engaged in G20 working groups. In this context, IsDBG’s G20 Sherpa team is organizing this high-level seminar to shed light on G20’s importance to IsDBG and to familiarize member countries with different aspects of G20 agenda and IsDBG related activities. The event is organized in coordination with the Egyptian Ministry of International Cooperation.
Key issues to be addressed:
- What are the main pillars and expected outcomes of Indonesia’s G20 Presidency agenda? How does this agenda benefit IsDBG member countries’ national development goals?
- How can G20 as a global policy platform benefit IsDBG as a regional MDB? and how can IsDBG as a voice from the south benefit G20?
- What are the main intersection areas between G20’s agenda and IsDBG’s strategic framework? How does coordination between IsDBG and Indonesia in the G20 benefit IsDBG member countries?
- What are the most relevant policy recommendations for IsDBG to maximize the impact of its G20 contributions?
- What are the lessons learned from Indonesian G20 experience that could be of benefit to Egypt’s hosting of the CoP27?